Sunday, April 15, 2012

Chicken Fillets in Tomato Sauce

Pin It Now!

I used to buy whole chicken. I will keep the thigh, drumstick and wings for roast chicken. Trim out the breast fillet and the remaining is for soup. Why trim out the breast meat??? My hubby used to complaint that the breast meat texture is dry () and rubbery. Therefore I keep it for other dishes. Chicken nuggets is one of the dishes use chicken breast and he loves it! This time I will share on how to prepare chicken fillets in tomato sauce and still taste nice!
 
This dish is actually inspired by my mother-in-law. Every time I pay her visit I learn something new. I like to hang up with her when she prepares meals in kitchen. This time she prepared sweet sour pork. I would say is fast version of sweet sour pork. She use cornflour and rice flour to coat the meat. According to her the coated meat can be cooked at medium-high heat without getting burn easily. Secondly the meat will get crispy instead of hard.
 
Do you ever think off what to do with the extra tomato and chillies sauce (in packet) after having your KFC ? Yes here goes into the sweet and sour sauce! Great idea from my in-law. Well it is alright to use the tomato sauce from bottle :) I omit the chili sauce as my kids can't take heat.
 
Recipe inspired by my mother-in-law
Ingredients:
~Fillets
450g chicken breast
* thinly slice
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tbsp cornflour
2-3 tbsp rice flour for coating
Some vegetable oil for pan fry
 
~ Side vegetables
1 onion (slices)
1 tomato (cut into big cubes)
1/2 cucumber (cut into big cubes)
 
~ Sauce
1 tbsp light soya sauce
2 tbsp tomato sauce
Some water (about 100ml)
2 tsp sugar
 
Methods:
1. Marinate the chicken fillets with salt, pepper and cornflour. Leave aside for 10 minutes.

2. Coat each marinated fillet with rice flour till finish. Set aside.

3. Heat up wok, add in 2-3 tablespoons of vegetable oil. Arrange the coated fillets into the wok. Pan fry till done or golden brown. Dish out and set aside.
* You might need to cook all in 2-3 batches. Add oil if not enough.

4. For the sauce, with the remaining oil inside the wok fry the onion and tomato till soft and fragrant. Add in the soya and tomato sauce. Stir to mix. Add in water and bring up to boil. Add in sugar and taste.

5. Once the seasoning is right add in dice cucumber and the fillets. Slightly stir to mix and dish out. Enjoy!
 



4 comments:

  1. My hubby is the breast hater too!
    Except for steamed whole chicken, that one, ok.

    ReplyDelete
  2. me too, always keep the breast meat and use it to cook this sweet and sour or just pan fry it (it will not get dry and can have juicy meat) and top on any noodle soups..

    ReplyDelete
  3. you have awesome recipes i love that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you prefer a more refined sauce, use a stick blender or a food processor to whizz the cooked tomatoes until smooth.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you by dropping by my blog. I would appreciate if you can leave comments on my posts for friendships.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...