Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Chocolate Banana Fruits Cake

Pin It Now!

When I check my pantry I was surprise I had bought a lot of dried fruits. Initially they are for baking scone. However I seldom bake scone lately.

Fruits cakes are mainly baked during Christmas season. And it is best way to use out most of the dried fruits. However I’m not big fan of fruits cake. It is too rich and too sweet for me. Therefore I incorporate those dried fruits in my chocolate banana cake. It ends up very well. Banana does give nice aroma and soft texture to the cake while the dried fruits give nice chewy bites! Although I only use 1 tablespoon of sugar for the whole cake, the cake still taste sweet ^.^ 

Ingredients:
I baked in L23cm x W13cm x H8cm cake mould
(A)
100g margarine (or butter)
1tbsp brown sugar
2 eggs

(B)
1 cup cake flour
2/3 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp cinnamon powder
½ tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
½ baking soda 
*sift and set aside

(C )
200g mashed banana
50ml milk
*mix and set aside

(D)
200g dried fruits (I’m using dates,cranberries,winter melon,raisin,tomato,cherry)

Methods:
1. Cream margarine, sugar until light and fluffy.
2. Add egg one at a time and cream till well incorporated.
3. Fold in 1/3 of dry ingredient alternatively with banana, milk mixture. Repeat 2 more times till all finish. Do not over mix.
4. Fold in dried fruits and mix well.
5. Pour the batter into cake mould. Bake in the pre-heated oven 180C for 28-30 minutes.

I‘m submitting this post to  Aspiring Bakers #2: Christmas(Dec2010) . Besides, I will send this entry for the Christmas Giveaway hosted by Swee San of The Sweet Spot too.

I like to wish all a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Thank you by dropping by my blog. I would appreciate if you can leave comments on my posts for friendships.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...